Saturday, May 16, 2009

Flowers


I got an estimate early on in this wedding planning that the flowers for just my bouquet (white mini-calla lilies) and my 5 bridesmaid's bouquets (mango mini-calla lilies) would be nearly $1000.00 - aka TOO MUCH. At least on this budget-bride's budget, TOO MUCH.

Some people have suggested that I use silk flowers instead, but they cost as much as real stems and don't look like them.

My solution: Wholesale flowers. I am getting my mini-callas for less than $2 per stem, and calla bouquets are SUPER easy to put together. Just check out these youtube clips for corsages, boutonnieres, and bouquets (1 and 2).

My entire floral bill will be about $150 for My bouquet, 5 bridesmaids bouquets, 5 corsages, and 12 boutonnieres. Chump change compared to the $1000 I was quoted for fewer products!

No comments:

Post a Comment